GLENDALE, Ariz. — Immigrants seeking records from the Glendale Elementary School District in order to be considered for deferred action for childhood arrivals can obtain those records from the District Office located at 7301 N. 58th Ave. in Glendale.
Those seeking records must provide a photo I.D., and you must have attended a GESD school or schools for five consecutive years. Those seeking records can do so by going to Room 25 in the old classroom building behind the main district office. Signs will point your way.
Under an executive order issued by President Barack Obama, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is currently accepting requests for consideration of deferred action for immigrants who arrived in the United States before their 16th birthdays. To be considered for the process, you must show that:
· you came to the U.S. before reaching your 16th birthday;
· you have continuously resided in the U.S. since June 15, 2007, up to the present time;
· you were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012;
· you entered the U.S. without inspection before June 15, 2012, or your lawful immigration status expired as of June 15, 2012;
· you are currently in school, have graduated or have obtained your certificate of completion from high school, have obtained your GED, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the U.S. Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States;
· you have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, or three or more misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat;
· or you were present in the U.S. on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making your request for consideration of deferred action with USCIS.
According to the White House web site, “Deferred action is a discretionary determination to defer removal action of an individual as an act of prosecutorial discretion. Under this process, USCIS will consider requests on a case-by-case basis. While this process does not provide lawful status or a pathway to permanent residence or citizenship, individuals whose cases are deferred will not be removed from the United States for a two-year period, subject to renewal, and may also receive employment authorization.”
# # #
Glendale Elementary School District Office of Communications
7301 N. 58th Avenue · Glendale, Ariz. 85301