Referrals to School-Based Services
Glendale Elementary School District strives to provide equitable, proactive and consistent structures to develop social-emotional, behavioral and academic success in every child. GESD has partnered with community behavioral health agencies to respond to, and support students experiencing mental health and wellness needs. Students have acess to counseling support during school hours provided by the following providers:
- Challenger School
- Harold W. Smith School
Southwest Behavioral Health Services
- Glenn F. Burton School
- Glendale Landmark School
- Don Mensendick School
Touchstone Health Services
- Horizon School
When there is a social, emotional or behavioral concern that is identified by an administrator, teacher, staff, student or parent, the following steps will take place:
1. Staff will discuss concern(s) with the student.
2. The level of concern and need will be identified.
3. A referral will be made for the student by staff to the school social emotional learning specialist (SELS), or to a district social worker.
4. The SELS or social worker will determine the level of need.
5. The student will receive support based on their needs.
Director for Social Emotional Learning and Mental Health Services