We are excited to welcome families in the Glendale Elementary School District.
We are dedicated to providing our students with a quality education that is both challenging and exciting. In this section, you will find general information about our enrollment requirements.
Printable Enrollment Packets
To enroll your child in a Glendale Elementary School, please call your school and leave your name and a phone number where you can be reached and we will return your call to schedule an appointment for enrollment. You can find your school's phone number at the bottom of this page. You can download enrollment forms (see Enrollment Packets above). When you register your child, you will need to bring the following:
- Birth certificate or other reliable proof of the child's identity and age, including baptismal certificate, a refuge card, passport, and an affidavit explaining the inability to provide a copy of the birth certificate
- Current immunization record
- Withdraw form and/or address of previous school (if applicable)
- Proof of residency within the District based on ADE Arizona Residency Documentation Form (form can be found on our website)
- Any court documents (if applicable) For admission to kindergarten, children must be five years of age prior to September 1 of the current school year. Children who have reached age six prior to September 1 or have successfully completed an accredited kindergarten program, may be admitted to first grade. A.R.S. 15-821 (In accordance with Governing Board Policy JEB, the Board may admit children who have not reached the required age as prescribed above if it is determined to be in the best interest of the children, and such children must reach the required age of five for kindergarten and six for first grade by January 1 of the current school year.)
Please notify the school immediately when there is a change of address or phone number. The school MUST have this information to contact you in case of an emergency.
It is the responsibility of adults having custody of a student to submit to the school a current certified copy of the effective court order or decree. In sole custody situations, the custodial parent has the right to participate in the decision making at the school regarding the student’s education unless the custody decree provides otherwise. When parents share joint legal custody, neither parent’s rights are superior with regard to determining the child’s education unless specified otherwise by legal court documents or with regard to determining emergency contacts. The educational records are available to either parent regardless of custody unless the District has been provided a court order that specifically terminates a parent’s right to educational records. If there are any special considerations that need to be clarified, please contact Student Services at (623) 237-7133. If there is a question regarding custodial rights, the District reserves the right to not release the student or student records until the matter can be cleared.
- A child shall not be allowed to attend school without submitting documentary proof to the school administrator unless the child is exempted from immunization pursuant to A.R.S. 15-873.
- Proof of immunizations is required during a student’s initial enrollment. It is the parents’ responsibility to keep their child’s immunizations current. Per A.R.S. 15-871 and 15-874, students may be excluded from school if the parent has failed to obtain immunizations for their child.
The Glendale Elementary School District has an open enrollment policy consistent with Arizona law. Parents outside of the Glendale Elementary School District (GESD) boundaries, or those already enrolled and choosing another GESD school, may enroll their child in a GESD school based on the school’s grade and program capacity. Parents can acquire open enrollment applications at any school site, the District Office, or from the GESD external website. Applications received by April 30th of the preceding school year will be the first applications considered for open enrollment.
If you must withdraw your child from school, please visit the school office at least 24 hours ahead of time to fill out a withdrawal form. All school materials, such as library books, textbooks, or electronic devices, must be returned before withdrawal is complete.
School Phone Numbers
American — 623-237-4008
Bicentennial North — 623-237-4009
Bicentennial South — 623-237-4012
Glenn F. Burton — 623-237-4007
Challenger — 623-237-4011
Coyote Ridge — 623-237-4015
Desert Garden — 623-237-4014
Desert Spirit — 623-237-4016
Discovery — 623-237-4013
Horizon — 623-237-4010
Isaac E. Imes — 623-237-4002
William C. Jack — 623-237-4005
Landmark — 623-237-4001
Don Mensendick — 623-237-4006
Melvin E. Sine — 623-237-4004
Harold W. Smith — 623-237-4003
Sunset Vista — 623-237-4017