Return to Headlines

COVID Relief Funding Informational Video and Survey

The Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER III) Fund is designated to support K-12 schools to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. Glendale Elementary School District is eligible to receive one-time federal funds through ESSER III. To help address systemic inequities, funding from this grant will provide GESD the flexibility to provide resources to accelerate learning and community needs.

GESD is committed to ensuring these funds are aligned to our federally-required Comprehensive Needs Assessment. Areas of Need include 1) effective teachers and instruction, 2) effective curriculum, 3) conditions, climate, and culture, and 4) family and community engagement. 

At least 20% of the funds must be set aside to address lost instructional time, social, emotional, mental health needs and provide a safe learning environment for in-person learning. The remaining 80% of the funds can be used in a variety of categories subject but not limited to academic acceleration, instructional technology, staffing, support services, safety, facility repairs/improvement, and additional program services. All strategies must be evidence-based, respond to the academic, social and emotional needs of all students and in particular, address the disproportionate impact of COVID-19 on vulnerable student populations. 

GESD is seeking input on how to utilize the funds to best meet the needs of our students and community. We value your input, please take a moment to watch the informational video and complete the survey. 

COVID Relief Funding Survey

Encuesta Sobre Los Fondos Para La Recuperación Por COVID

GESD ESSER III COVID Relief Funding Video

GESD ESSER III COVID Relief Funding Spanish Video